Little Rascals!!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

FIRST GRADE

I can't believe it!! Madison started 1st grade this week! She has asked me at least once a day for the past few weeks, when she started school. We went in and met her teacher on Monday nd she seems like such a nice lady and Madi seemed to really like her. I was all sorts of excited for school to start.....until Monday night when I got no sleep! I had nightmares all night......late for school, mean teacher, mean kids.....on and on and on! Madi, however, slept great and woke up bright and early Tuesday morning, excited to get ready and go! As, I walked her to the school, reality started to set in and I started to panick. She was going to be gone ALL day. My heart started to beat fast, and I wanted to take her and run back home!! When we got to the front of the school, Madi walked right over to the where the first graders lined up and began making new friends and hugging old ones. She turned around and shot me that "mom, you can go now" look and I felt tears spring to my eyes. Of course I stayed and watched her walk into the school....the whole time fighting the urge to grab her and run. As I walked back to the car, I went from misty eyed to full on crying!!! WHAT?!?!? I did not expect that at all. I thought that I might enjoy a littte bit of silence (for those of you who know madi, you know what I mean!), but the reality is that I miss her like crazy!! She is such a sweet, fun little girl and such a big helper. I love you, Madison. Just a cute little side story.....when I got home, Braxton could see that something was wrong, so he came up to me, sat in my lap and gave me great big loves. Just as I was feeling a little better, he gets up and walks away. But then, he comes back with a fistful of tissues for me to dry my tears and then proceeds to stand there and make sure that I stop crying. Could he be any cuter?!?! I love you Braxie!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, I am so excited!! I have no idea how I came across your blog, but I was THRILLED when I saw your names pop up!!! Your little girl is DARLING, and most moms have the same story when they send their kids to first grade, so don't feel bad! We have got to get together, it has been way too long!! e-mail me- alobott@gmail.com
Ashley Bott (Loyborg)

kristi and family said...

i love your blog and your little kiddies are so cute...

White's said...

I am crying right now! I didn't even get upset when Abby went to school. I am a really bad mom! J/k That is just so cute. For real I am crying. Dang you!

Tabitha and Clay Shurtleff said...

When Lily went to school I couldnt leave so I ended up helping the teachers the first couple of days. Then haha I got a job there. It does get better as the more kids get sent off to 1st. I have a Jr High kid next year, I am going to be a wreck...