Little Rascals!!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back in school!!!

So, Braxie is back in preschool. He is at the same school and with the same teacher! (she is wonderful!!) I took him to the open house last Thursday. It took some convincing to get him in the van.....when I told him we were going to school to see Miss Lisa he was convinced that the bus was coming to get him! When we got there for the open house he ran up and gave his teacher the biggest hug ever. In fact, his teacher was surprised....she hugged him back and told me that most kids (esp. kids like Braxie) don't do that! He played with one of the TA's so I had a chance to talk to his teacher about the upcoming year. His first official day was Tuesday. We got up and dressed and I asked him if he wanted to go to school and he said "YES!", grabbed his Lightening McQueen backpack, and ran to the front door screaming "the bus is coming!!!" As the bus came up the street, he could barely contain his excitement! He was jumping up and down, flapping his arms and squealing! As soon as the doors opened he couldn't get in it fast enough. He paused long enough for a quick picture and then he was off! When he got home, the bus driver told me what a cute kid she thought he was and that he insisted on sitting in a booster seat. I am so excited to see what kind of progress Braxton makes this year. Last year, his communication skills increased dramatically....his vocabulary is huge, he is speaking in short sentences, he interacts with other people, he exhibits imaginative play...etc. I am hoping this progress will continue this year. He will continue with speech therapy at school and they are also going to add some occupational therapy as well. He is such a happy boy, espescially when he is in school. I love to see the big smile on his face when he gets on and off the bus and I love to bring him in and talk to him about school. We are so blessed to have him in our family!!!



8 comments:

White's said...

He is so Dang Cute!!! I am so excited for him. How is it being home with just one?? I bet you have time to start those books!!! :0)

Jodi said...

It looks like you got it to work. It looks great.

Shannon said...

Angela??? Is this Angela Jaroscak from Theta? I saw your blog on Jodi's! Where are you living right now? I haven't seen you in the LONGEST time (since Jodi's wedding?) Your children are beautiful! So fun you have a blog, I'm adding you to mine!

Shannon said...

Question: what is your married last name? I can't remember! Is it White??? Sorry, it has been a long time!

Alicia W. said...

Angela! Wow, who'da thunk I'd reconnect with all the old sorority friends through blogs? Not me...Shannon gave me the heads up to your cute blog, BTW. What a cute family you have! Email me (cardbug@gmail.com)and I'll send you an invite to my blog...

Tringali Family said...

It is so fun to hear from you. I was just telling somebody how nice you were to lend me your wedding dress and how your mom made my wedding cake. I am happy to be in contact again. Where are you living?

Jodi said...

Hey Ang, I tagged you so go to my blog and see what fun you will get to have.

kristi and family said...

hey.. it is me.... your kiddos are so cute and i am so jealous you have just ONE at home even for atleast a few hours.... LUCKY.... time for another ONE...