Little Rascals!!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh, BRAXTON!!!!

All I can say is "Oh My Gosh"!!! Are all boys this much fun!?!?! So, about 2 weeks ago, we were at the InstaCare with Braxi getting stitches in his thumb. He sliced it with a boxcutter that someone (daddy-love you, honey!) accidentaly left on the kitchen table! Brax did suprisingly well-he is such a strong kid and I thought he would have to be tied down, but he was such a brave boy!!! He just cried a little, but held so still! Then, about a week ago at my parents house he stuck a freakin' bead up his nose. So......we were able to get it out without too much drama. Apparently, he liked the attention (or feeling) so much that exactly 1 week later he shoved ANOTHER bead up his nose!!! (where is he getting these stupid beads?!?!) This time was so much more fun than the first. We did our best "digging and blowing" (sounds fun, huh?) for about an hour and decided that it was time to visit our good friends down at the InstaCare!! Despite their best efforts, the bead had apparently found a permanent home! After reassuring me that it would be highly unlikely for him to suck it into his airway and choke him, we were told to go home, let him rest, let the swelling in his nose go down, and try to "blow" it out again in the morning. If we couldn't get it out, it was up to good old PCMC for some conscious sedation and "bead removal" experts!! The next morning, I gave it my best shot to get it out, but it was a no go. Just as we were about to leave for the hospital, B decided to give it one last ditch effort. We pinched the unaffected nostril, and B blew really hard into Braxtons mouth. WOW, GROSS, AWESOME, THANK HEAVEN!!!!!! There is was.....a little green bead, in a pool of sticky, green snot, all over daddy's face!!! (My hero!) The things we do for our kids!!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hello!! I finally started our blog,
The Bott Heads.blogspot.com. Your little boy sounds like a little character! We still need to get together. I have had sick kids FOREVER!!

Jodi said...

He for sure keeps you very busy. What a funny story. I laughed and laughed again. Gotta love that boy!

Erin said...

OK, don't get creeped out, but I found your blog through Ash's. You are still just as funny as I remeber you! Your little guy sounds AWESOME! I am now going to officially "blog-stalk" you. :)
My blog address is thedamfam.blogspot.com if you want to visit!
smooches!
erin

Carianne Moore said...

Oh my! That was too funny! Boys ARE the best!