Little Rascals!!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Peanuts anyone?

So, I was at my cute friend Shannon's house the other day and somehow we got to talking about kids and the messes they make. She was telling me about one night when her husband was home with the kids and how they had taken those Styrofoam packing peanuts, ripped them each into about a billion pieces and then (as if that wasn't mess enough!!!)scattered them in a trail from the basement of her house up to the main floor. We both started laughing and then both agreed that it seemed like those types of things always happened on the daddy's watch.....I mean come on, mom's are just so much better about keeping things in order, right? Well.......that same night, when we came home, I was cleaning my house while my darling, sweet, angel children were watching cartoons, and.....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
they took the real peanuts from our pantry and decided to have a snack. These pictures do NO justice to how bad this mess really was. The shells were all over them so when they got up to run when they knew they had been caught, the shells scattered all over. Rather than get upset, i just had to laugh.....I guess I am not all that much better than the "daddy's" at keeping the messes to a minimum. Sorry all you dads!! There is also another message to be learned from this story.....get rid of all the peanuts in your house....edible or not!!!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, that looks so familiar!! Cute kids!

Tandy said...

Bahaha! Never a dull moment :)

Jodi said...

Don't you love those wonderful messy surprises that fill your days with joy!

Shannon said...

That must've taken A LOT of vacuuming to clean up!

White's said...

That is HYSTERICAL!!! I am so sorry! I am feeling your pain. EvERY sinGLE day! So good seeing you today, we need to come over and see your place. I don't know what the crap I have been doing! I am a loser!

Alicia W. said...

Yikes! That sounds like a huge mess!

McRae Clan said...

Oh man....despite the fact that static electricty entered each tiny piece of styrophome peanut it was pretty easy to clean up....I have to say the real deal must have been a nightmare!