Little Rascals!!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I have to say that I really enjoy Thanksgiving! What is better than spending an entire day with your family and enjoying a great meal and good fun?

Will woke up before any of us to go play some good old football with his brother and some friends. He came home muddy, tired and sore but had an absolute blast!! I spent part of the morning baking.....I was in charge of dessert. I wanted to try something new so, I made a pumpkin roll for the first time and although it looks hard, it was very simple and actually turned out fantastic. YUMMY!!!

In the early afternoon we headed over to Wills parents house. We sat around talking and watching the kids play with toys and freak out about the fish in Nana and Papi's new fish tank!!! Although we did not get the chance to see everyone on his side of the family, we love them all! We are especially excited for next year when Will's youngest brother, Brett, will be home from Afghanistan!!! We really miss you Brett and can't wait to have you home!! Love you and be safe!!
Photobucket

Then it was off to my parents house. We ate a fabulous dinner then just lounged around for a while talking. After dessert we played a fun game of Scene It Squabble......girls lost (we let the boys win!!).

It was so great to spend time with my family, but I do have to say there was a rather large void in the day. My brother David and his family were not able to be there. David was diagnosed and hospitalized with Guillian Barre syndrome two weeks ago and has at least another week in the hospital and a long and hard recovery ahead of him after that. We (especially the kids) really missed having him there...."The Boy" (my name for him) is such a fun uncle and nobody can make you laugh as hard as he can!!! We love you Boy!!!

Here is just an example of what a joker he is....most of the time he has a thick head of hair, but this is how he showed up on Halloween!!!
silly uncle dave!!
funny uncle dave!

Overall, it really was a great day! I am so grateful for all of the things that I have!! Here are some pics of my 3 greatest blessings!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

McRae Clan said...

What a great day! You have some of the cutest kids ever Ang! I am glad you had such a nice day. I especially like Thanksgiving because it gives me a time out to think of all the things I'm grateful for! I love you and your family...

kristi and family said...

happy thanksgiving.. sounds like you had a great day like me....

Jodi said...

It sounds like a great family fun filled day. Love the new background.